Thursday 23 February 2017

I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS COUNTRY

Solomon Islands has come a very long way in regards to football. The island nation has tasted victories and disappointments over the years and yet Solomon Islands continued to strive towards their goals in football. In recent years, the importing of oversea players have grown and all have seen many international players came to the shores of Solomon Islands. International coaches are part of the international imports that continued to come over the years. 

The upcoming OFC club champions will see two clubs representing Solomon Islands. Marist FC and Western United FC are two powerhouse clubs in the Solomon Islands top premier league. Western United who has some of the most experienced footballers in Solomon Islands is one team that many Solomon Islanders hope will carry the nation's flag high in the upcoming competition. Marist FC on the other hand, is a team that has a longtime history in Solomon Islands and also this prestigious Oceania club championship. The history has not always been favorable to Marist FC but this time around, the inclusion of three Brazilians have definitely given a lot of confidence in the Marist squad and even the fans are happy to see this Marist line-up. 

Solomon Islands have a very big Brazilian fans community here and every world cup, there would be a lot of supporters supporting the south American football giants. It is an opportunity now for Solomon Islands to watch some of the professional Brazilian footballers playing in Solomon Islands. Speaking to one of the three Brazilians, AndrĂ© Morosini said, "I will never forget this country". The devoted Christian footballer who hails from Brazil fell in love with Solomon Islands in the past few days he was in Solomon Islands. It was indeed a privilege, to have this interview with him. 

How did you get into football?

I actually joined football in my mother's belly (the Brazilian joked and laughed). On a serious note, my first opportunity was in the base categories of the Palmeiras when I was 15 years old. I believe during that moment, I just continued loving football. 


What is like to be a Brazilian and playing football overseas?

Honestly, playing football or soccer like many Solomon Islands call it is challenging. To be a Brazilian and play with the reputation is also challenging but I had experiences in other countries such as Portugal and Lebanon that helped in my character building. 


What are three of your biggest achievements in football?

I believe my great achievements, first of all, would be to play professional football. Second would be the opportunity to travel the world to play football.  Third and I believe the most important achievement for me is to build my character to be as professional as I can. To actually have commitments towards football like I never had before. I love the game but also respected the game. 


I realized that you have played in one of the top league in Brazil, what is your experience in that league?

I thank God for that opportunity to play in Brazil's top premier league. The league is very good, very championship brand of football. It is where all technical levels are very good and also there are so many challenges and discipline is key to succeed in that league.


What are your future goals in your football career?

The goal for me in regards to my football career is to work hard and continue enjoying football. I know God has the best for me and I believe for all of us in our different fields of expertises. I am also trying my best to be financial stable for my beloved family too. 


It is too early to ask about your experience here in Solomon Islands but what do you think of the football in the Solomon Islands?

I see great talents here in the Solomon Islands, with an excellent technical quality. I think the coaches here now are helping football to grow even more because football is now more advanced than before. I am happy to say I am just part of many good people whom we believe we contribute to making Solomon Islands go more advance in football. For Marist, I believe with my other two fellow Brazilians that we will do our best for Marist and for Solomon Islands. It is a joy to be part of the history of this country. I am hoping we can make history for Marist and Solomon Islands as a nation.


What are your personal goals playing in the Marist outfit in this prestigious Oceania club championship?

Well, I believe the biggest and most desired goal for every team entering a big tournament such as this is to be the champion. I have the same goal for Marist and for myself. However, for this to happen, we as players and team have to give everything in the group stages and game by game to achieve this goal. It is not impossible but it is possible. 


How do you find yourself coping with the Solomon Islands lifestyle?

Solomon Islands is different to Brazil but I am so impressed with people of this nation. They are so incredible, no matter what is going on in the nation, they are always smiling. Solomon Islands welcome me very well. I will never forget this country. 


What are some of the similarities and difference that you have seen between Solomon Islands and your country Brazil? 

I think first and foremost, the similarities are that these two countries loved football. Solomon Islands and Brazil always ready to cheer their respective teams. However, the difference is not anything negative but the people of Solomon Islands are always happy to live and enjoy the present life and not stressing about tomorrow. In Brazil, everyone cares so much about what tomorrow will be and on many occasions, they are always disappointed. Here in Solomon Islands, you all are happy. I like it. 

What would be your advice for future young footballers coming up in Solomon Islands?

I have adapted my character of never giving up and I believe that will be my advice. They must never give up on their dreams. Future footballers or even just young Solomon Islands should know that everything is possible to achieve through God. God has the best for each one and if they work hard, God will do the rest. For those playing football, continue to follow your dream, fight for it because if you do, one day you can change your family's life. Football can transform lives. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment