Sunday 5 November 2017

SOLOMON ISLANDS ARTISTIC FUTSAL PLAYER RETURNS TO THE GAME.

Jack Wetney looking to execute a blind pass.
The futsal loving country of Solomon Islands has seen a lot of many talented futsal players flying the national colors in the national futsal team, Kurukuru but have never seen any player who is quite skilful and confident as Jack Wetney.

The former Solomon Islands international is regarded as the most sensational skilful futsal player and on numerous occasions showed the Pacific his talent on the outdoor football as well. Jack Wetney is one of the pioneers of futsal in Solomon Islands and his return to the game is a great news for Solomon Islands futsal.

The former Kurukuru player is currently a member of the Mountain Majik futsal club in the New South Wales Futsal Premier league. The NSW Futsal premier league club is already amazed by Jack’s performance and grow in confidence with a special player like Jack Wetney.  

Mr. Wetney who recently disappeared from the face of Solomon Islands futsal has resurfaced but with a surprise return, joining one of the fastest growing clubs in NSW.  In an interview with the Solomon Islands former futsal international, Jack Wetney shares some of his story of his return with so much emotion and confidence.

You have been missing in the futsal scene for Solomon Islands recently. What made you took the vacation from futsal?

I decided to take a break from futsal mainly because of a family commitment. I have a son and therefore, I got big responsibilities as a father to be a good role model to my son and my family. I took some time to stay focus on helping my family and also there was no other big futsal competition that interested me here other than this current one I am playing in.

What inspired you to return back to the game of Futsal?

Well, honestly it was a pure reflection on my career that really motivated me to come back. I had a long break and I stumble across a lot of clips online of myself playing futsal and I just can’t stay out of it. I want to come back and show what I got. The other reason that I returned is because of my former coach here in Australia continuously encouraging me to return and therefore, it motivated me more and then there’s my family. I honestly wouldn’t be doing this if my family wasn’t supporting me enough.

What are your goals in futsal as a former international returning to the game?

I want to play well, play smart and get back to top fitness again. My eventual goal is to make it back into the Kurukuru team. I love the team, I love the game and I definitely love Solomon Islands. Apart from this goal, I think another goal is to be healthy and stay fit because I am a role model to my son.

Jack Wetney nutmegs his opponent.
How supportive is your family regarding your involvement again in futsal?

My small family is my everything. I am here playing again because of both my love and my beautiful son, Jaja From day one, they’ve supported me all through.

How are you coping with the level of futsal in the league you’re currently playing?

Futsal is my game, I played it since my youngest days and the confidence to play this game at any level is in me. However, I just need to pull a little fitness back and it should bring me to where I wanted to be but at the moment, I find it quite good. I enjoyed it and I loved an opportunity to show some of my skills again.

What is your encouragement for young upcoming futsal players?

Futsal is an awesome game, it involves a lot of values and creativity. It definitely will help any individual who plays it. However, the right attitude and right mentality will able anyone to go far in the game. First things first are organising your priorities first because many of us learned this the hard way. God must always come first and then education and followed by futsal. To have this priority right is the first step and then the important one is to keep training and have a goal to achieve.

The Solomon Islands former Kurukuru player is currently based in Australia and his return to futsal has not only loved by his supporters back in Solomon Islands but also in Australia. Mr. Wetney who along with Solomon Islands Kurukuru captain, Elliot Ragomo, both started their futsal careers in Australia at Dural Baptist center.


Solomon Islands futsal team Kurukuru are currently the Oceania reigning champions and thanks to the pioneers of futsal in Solomon Islands such as Elliot Ragomo, Lenson Bisili and Jack Wetney to name a few have contributed to this status in the past years.

5 comments:

  1. We love Wetney, we're very happy for your return, Go Kurukuru Go! Congratulations for Jaja, by teke after daddy na ia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice Jack Wetney. All of your fans know you still had it in you. You still got time. Keeping up the good job. Go Kurukuru Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice Jack! Appreciate your decision. #GoKuruKuruGo#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice Jack! Appreciate your decision. #GoKuruKuruGo#

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice Jack! Appreciate your decision. #GoKuruKuruGo#

    ReplyDelete