Wednesday 2 August 2017

MY HEART IS WITH THE TEAM, PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

Solomon Islands fast and steady defender, Joachim Waroi has humbly apologised to the national team and the people of Solomon Islands especially the football fans. The Solomon Islands international has been omitted from the national team after his lack of communication with the national team and has caused a lot of mix reactions between fans as many of his fans were disappointed with his omission while many supported the national team’s decision to drop the defender after his lack of communication which reflects his discipline towards the national duty.

The Solomon Islands reliable defender expressed in his social media post that he is sorry for the issue at hand and ask the national team, Solomon Islands Football Federation and the football fans to forgive him.

I just wanted to apologise to SIFF, Head coach of the national team and the team management. I know it is now twice that I faced disciplinary actions before important games for the country. I hereby accept the decision for me to be omitted and I sincerely seek forgiveness from the ones I mentioned”, said Mr. Waroi.

The humble Mr. Waroi expressed his heart towards the team and he believes in the team for a positive result. "To my play mates in the national team, please forgive me. You all are my brothers and I know I let you all down. However, my heart is with you all. Keep the good positive momentum going", Mr. Waroi expressed. The team also called up two well-known Solomon Islands internationals, Joses Nawo and James Naka back into the squad and the latest apology by Joachim Waroi might be a positive step for the national team in addressing the player’s case of omission.


Solomon Islands national team is in its final stage of preparation and the final squad to travel to New Zealand is expected to be announced soon. Mr. Waroi’s apology is timely and something that shows his respect for the national duty and also his heart with the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment